Great news! Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) is pleased to welcome back volunteers on campus for the 2021/22 school year.
Despite last year’s challenges, our amazing volunteers participated in virtual activities such as classroom assistance and tutoring, and the Parent/Teacher Association actively provided programs for students and their families. The level of volunteer involvement displayed during the 2020/21 school year demonstrates that #BCPSVolunteersRock.
As we transition to a new school year, please see important information below.
- The 2021/22 volunteer application will be available on Thursday, July 1, 2021, at browardschools.com/volunteer. To volunteer with the School District, all individuals must complete the online application to be screened for Level 1 clearance. Approved volunteers will receive an email inviting them to visit the preferred school listed on their application, to assist BCPS students with their learning experience.
- The health and safety of our students and employees are the District’s highest priorities. BCPS continues to work closely with federal and local health experts on COVID-19 protocols. Please note, the District’s Face Covering Policy (below) remains in effect at this time:
All students, employees, visitors, vendors, or other persons are always required to properly wear a face covering while at or inside a school/facility, school-sponsored activity, or other vehicle owned, leased, or operated by the School Board.
- The annual volunteer training webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, September 15, 2021, at 6 p.m. Please watch your emails for the Microsoft Teams link to join the meeting.
We look forward to a successful 2021/22 school year filled with new and exciting learning experiences.
We need YOUR help! Without Volunteers, our Events and Fundraisers can not be successful!
Click here for a brief description of the different opportunities to get involved and volunteer.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Meet the Masters Art Program please click here to let us know how you would like to be involved.
Off-Site Volunteer Hours
The process to record off-site volunteer hours has changed.
- Login into the BCPS Volunteer Portal using the login you created to apply to be a volunteer.
- After your profile loads, click “Hours” at the top
3. Click “Add Hours” at the top right.
4. Fill out the form according to what you have done. Make sure to select the date and appropriate start/end times so that the duration is calculated. Click Save.
5. Repeat for all the other dates.