Meet the Masters is a fun art program that introduces our children to the world of art.
Anyone Can Volunteer. No Art Experience Is Required.
Please Note: The supplies for Meet the Masters program are in the lobby of the main office. In the supply room they have always been in.
For your reference please please click here mtm-for-volunteers to find the presentation that was given during the Meet the Masters meeting on 8/24/18.
How the Program works:
We provide volunteers with a portfolio that includes:
- Background on the artist(s)
- Works of art to review
- Suggested activities for the students
- At the bottom of this page you will find examples for all ages
There are art supplies available for use in the Meet the Masters room classroom for the Meet the Masters activity
Once a month, volunteers will arrange a time with the teacher to come into the classroom for the Meet the Market activity
Multiple volunteers per classroom. All interested volunteers can participate!
Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.
– Pablo Picasso
Meet The Masters
- is a volunteer Art History and Art Appreciation program intended to acquaint children with the world of art.
- seeks to cultivate a sustained awareness and interest in art by exposing children to selected prints (approved by Broward School Board).
- is run and done by parent volunteers who have an interest and enthusiasm for bringing fine art to the young.
- promotes an awareness of arts in our community. Through the increased activity and interest of volunteers, parents, faculty members and administrators, knowledge of the arts will be expanded.
Example Projects by Grade Level
Meet the Masters Manual
Once a month volunteers schedule a time with their teacher to come into the classroom and make presentations on the lives and works of master artists, followed by an art project of the students own creation. Using reproductions of the artists’ works, these presentations last about one hour. Materials are provided for the presentations.
Art Enrichment – No Art Experience Necessary!